How to SUP
7 Easy Steps to Get You Started
1. Put on a life jacket and connect your leash.
2. Put the paddle board down in knee-depth water.
3. Get on the board. Start by kneeling in the center. The board's handle should be between your legs.
4. Take a few strokes to get used to the feeling.
5. When you feel comfortable, slowly stand up. Keep your back straight and your head forward. Try and look towards the horizon.
6. Hold your paddle with one hand capped on the end. The other hand should be near the center. Your paddle blade should be pointing forward.
7. Be safe and use common sense. Stay away from rocks, reefs, boats and other paddlers. Be aware of the wind, tide, and currents. Have fun!
Here's a quick 5 minute video:
(copy/paste the link to your browser)